Thursday, February 25, 2010

Step 2: Happiness

Why does everyone seek happiness? It isn't something that you can find under a rock or win in a raffle. Our lives are driven by the need to "just do this one thing and then I'll be happy." Life isn't about looking for something. It is about living. Happiness will find you if you stop looking for it.

Lately, I have hit a stroke of good luck. In a way happiness found me, right when I stopped looking for it. I had been in a groove of moving from one thing to the next without really stopping to smell the roses or enjoying in some friendly conversation. There is so much going on here at college that it is hard to focus on one thing. When I realized that what I was looking for wasn't going to be found, I realized that I was almost done with my first year of college. I took a long look at my time here and realized I hadn't really enjoyed the ride for what it was.

My advice to you is to stop, look around, and enjoy your friends and family.

1 comment: